|Music makes the people.
||[Jul. 7th, 2009|12:00 pm]
|||||Meet George Jetson...||]|
Violinist Joshua Bell plays in a D.C metro stop during rush hour and few stop to take notice. Stop and hear the music. :)
23 Early Names of Famous Music Groups
1. Angel and the Snakes (Blondie)
2. Composition of Sound (Depeche Mode)
3. Big Thing (Chicago)
4. Artistics (Talking Heads)
5. Carl and the Passions (Beach Boys)
6. Primettes (Supremes)
7. Tom and Jerrry (Simon and Garfunkel)
8. Johnny and the Moondogs (Beatles)
9. Caeser and Cleo (Sonny and Cher)
10. Honolulu Fruit Gum Band (Champagne Music Makers [Lawrence Welk])
11. Paramours (Righteous Brothers)
12. Earth (Black Sabbath)
13. Bangs (Bangles)
14. Beefeaters (Byrds)
15. Falling Spikes (Velvet Underground)
16. Sparrow (Steppenwolf)
17. My Backyard (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
18. The New Journeymen (Mamas and the Papas)
19. The Elgins (Temptations)
20. The Four Aces of Western Swing (Bill Haley and His Comets)
21. The Golliwogs (Creedence Clearwater Revival)
22. The New Yardbirds (Led Zeppelin)
23. The Golden Gate Rhythm Section (Journey)
love those names! very interesting. i wonder how they settled on what they eventually settled on.
Journey's name was at the suggestion of a road manager (can't remember the full name, but his last name is Villanueva). The band had a radio contest for a name, and got suggestions like "Rumpled Foreskin" and other crazy names. Villanueva suggested Journey and the band ran with it.
The Led Zeppelin story is well known. When the band was formed, someone told them they'd be as successful as a lead zeppelin. So...the band took the name and ran with it.
Nazareth, another legendary band, was originally called "The Shadettes". They got their name from the opening line of "the Weight", a hit by The Band.
So cool! You rock. Thank you for sharing. :)
I'm a graduate of the College of Useless Knowledge.
I swear I walked past that guy.
Random, I won you something at the fair. :D
They don't even notice him. Thats ... sad.
oops, almost forgot...
25. Dream 6 (Concrete Blonde)
You rock. :) 25 is a much better #.
That was very interesting, I can't imagine just passing by someone playing, I would have to stop and listen. I probably wouldn't recognize him, but I would appreciate the music! Love the list, and for the most part I think the bands went with the better name :)
Hope you are having a good week!
The Quarrymen/Johnny and the Moondogs (Beatles)
I know, right? LOL.
Though I distinctly remember as a child being disgusted witht he name of their band. I remember thinking "I like their music, but eeeeeew." I hated bugs even then. lol
Me too! I loved listening to music in the subway when I lived in New York. Sometimes even the bad stuff. :) Unless I was late for work or class I'd stop and listen. But I do understand not being able to be late for work or school, but they can't ALL be heading there.
And thanks love! I hope you are too. :)
you know it makes you wonder if the name means much at all?