1. Pick 15 of your favorite movies. ( I'm personally doing 30 because I want to give ya'll a chance. :) )
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie. (or just remember them.)
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out ( or mark it in some way if you don't know how to do strike thrus.. like me) when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search functions.
ETA - You guys rock!!! You got them all! WOOHOO!
(1. Isn't it simple as one, two, three? One: The working conditions are bad. Two: They're bad because the mob does the hiring. And three: The only way we can break the mob is to stop letting them get away with murder. ) On The Waterfront, Guessed by Psyco_something
(2. Katrina's not my girlfriend alright? And I doubt she gave you the stinkeye that's just how her face looks, you know? That's just her face. ) Juno, guessed by may_b_maybe
(3. Young boys should never be sent to bed... they always wake up a day older.) Finding Neverland, guessed by Romeokid
(4. Tonight, the part of Al will be played by a tall, dark and sinister ugly man. _ Aladdin, Guessed by Leilia
(5. Purple in the morning, blue in the afternoon, and orange in the evening. Just like that, one, two, three, four. ) Requiem For a Dream, Guessed by vfd88
(6. Fraulein, is it to be at every meal, or merely at dinnertime, that you intend on leading us all through this rare and wonderful new world of... indigestion? ) - Sound of Music, Guessed by faerie_mistress
(7. Person 1How far can bullets go?
Person 2: They go pretty far except sometimes they get stuck in something and they stop.
Person 1: What if they don't?
Person 2: Are you thinking about that bullet than went through your window?) Crash, guessed by vfd88
(8. Person 1: Is there any reason you shouldn't be in this man's Army?
Person 2: I'm a cross-dressing homosexual pacifist with a spot on my lung.
Person 1: As long as you don't have flat feet. ) Across The Universe, guessed by thisand_that
(9. But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me. ) The Princess Bride - Guessed by Sleepygirl18
(10. Leslie and I have an amazing relationship and it's very physical, he still pushes all my buttons. People say 'oh but he's so much older than you' and you know what, I'm the one having to push him away. We have so much in common, we both love soup and snow peas, we love the outdoors, and talking and not talking. We could not talk or talk forever and still find things to not talk about.) Best In Show, guessed by Emteee
(11. Why, you slimy, double-crossing, no-good swindler.) The Empire Strikes Back, guessed by Leilia
(12. If you speak my name, I vanish. What am I? Silence. ) Life is Beautiful, Guessed by Psyco_something
(13. I can't stand a naked light bulb, any more than I can a rude remark or a vulgar action. ) A Streetcar Named Desire, guessed by Marguerlucy -- Or I should say CHEATED by Marguerlucy. lol.
(14. I like these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven. Can you hear it? It's like when you put your head to the grass and you can hear the growin' and you can hear the insects. Do you like Beethoven? ) Leon ( The Professional) Guessed by Leiia
(15. A word about Mrs. Flax and food: the word is "hors d'oeurves." Fun Finger Foods is her main source book and it's all the woman cooks. ) Mermaids, guessed by nonplussed
(16. You think that just because you're not doing it yourself, you're not a part of it? Well, I'm sick and tired of doing my part. ) Swing Kids, guessed by Tronoth
(17. War is like a big machine that no one really knows how to run and when it gets out of control it ends up destroying the things you thought you were fighting for, and a lot of other things you kinda forgot you had. ) The War, guessed by Tronoth
(18. I've always thought a good lashing with a buggy whip would benefit you immensely. ) Gone With The Wind, guessed by ToothlessHag
(19. The first time he hit her, she came to me. Wouldn't let me take care of it, said it was her fault, he'd had a rough day and too much to drink. The next time he hit her, she didn't come to me. The ex told me about it. So I wanted to be a good father, so I took care of it. I called a guy who called a guy who called his friends, they didn't kill him, what they did, I don't know, but he never bothered her again, and then she said I was dead to her. ) The Bucket List, guessed by Phantommistress
(20. Is it true how zey say zat you people are... gifted? . . . Oh. It's twue. It's twue. It's twue, it's twue! ) Blazing Saddles - Guessed by Drucifer25
(21. Person 1- Did you like the opera, dear?
Person 2: It was so good, I almost peed my pants!
Person 3: She said she liked it better than Pirates of Penzance. ) Pretty Woman, guessed by Sparklylights
(22. Oh, isn't that wonderful? All the lowlifes in quiet city Boston are dropping dead and *you* think it's unrelated! Greenly, the day I want the Boston Police to do my thinking for me, I will have a f---ing tag on my toe! ) Boondock Saints, Guessed by faerie_mistress
(23. Wait! There's something interesting in that woman's smile. I might learn to like her. Hang her in my bathroom. ) Annie, guessed by Toothlesshag
(24. Your national security advisor has just been executed. He's a very good negotiator. He bought you another half hour. ) Air Force One - Guessed by Heywood417
(25. Funny, the damage a silly little book can do, especially in the hands of a silly little girl. ) Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, guessed by Shewhosings
(26. I already know what cooks, how the dirty city feels and looks. I tasted it last night... didn't I?) Evita, Guessed by Leilia
(27. Oh yes, another jive, another joke at my expense. You were probably laughing at me with Katherine, too. Well, why not? I'm not young, I'm not new, and everyone laughs at me. I'm quite aware of how ridiculous I am. I've been thinking that the only solution is to go where no one is ridiculous and everyone is equal. Goodbye, Armand.) The Birdcage. Guessed by closet_atheist
(28. Join the Mobile Infantry and save the Galaxy. Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more? ) Starship Troopers - Guessed by Drucifer25
(29. The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - that you'd thought special, particular to you. And here it is, set down by someone else, a person you've never met, maybe even someone long dead. And it's as if a hand has come out, and taken yours. ) The History Boys, guessed by Eclecticposting
(30. My father was a writer. You would've liked him. He used to say that artists use lies to tell the truth, while politicians use them to cover the truth up. ) V For Vendetta, Guessed by faerie_mistress
And a quick vid:
Jessica the Hippo. She's pretty flippin' cool.