|send me a letter!
||[Mar. 13th, 2007|10:03 am]
|||||at a desk||]|
|||||golden slumbers, beatles||]|
Your turn! Post a letter, or transcript portion of a letter of some sort of historical/personal/social importance, if you like. :) I love letters...
hehe. This made me giggle. Alaska commercial, for a video store.
(How annoying. My comment magically disappeared and now must be rewritten.)
1. Interesting. I posted the same letter on June 11
2. In 1963, there was the bombing of the 16th Street Baptist Church, in Birmingham, Alabama
, a racist attack that killed four adolescent girls. Investigating and prosecuting this destruction, assault, murder, and terrorism took several years. In the 1971–1979, William Joseph Baxley II
was Alabama’s attorney general, and he successfully prosecuted Robert Chambliss for the bombing. During that time, the Ku Klux Klan sent Bill Baxley an ugly, threatening letter—and this was his response, typed on official letterhead of the Alabama attorney general's office:
Kiss my ass.
3. This message from President Carter was included on the golden records that accompanied the two Voyager unmanned space-exploration craft
, which were launched in 1977:
This is a present from a small, distant world, a token of our sounds, our science, our images, our music, our thoughts and our feelings. We are attempting to survive our time so we may live into yours.
That is my cat, and I often call him "Dude". :-) That picture of him is slightly altered, in that I made his eyes and mouth a tiny bit more smiley, for a collage in which I used that image. Can your cat hear? Mine can't. Not sure mine is that fluffy, though maybe he looks that way in the picture; he's a short-haired kitty.
Awww! :( Poor thing.
-- And unrelated to the story of the felines, I just saw Pan's Labyrinth last night. Amazing.
1. And I didn't even take it from you. lol. A friend just sent me a ton of random pictures she thought I might be interested so I loaded that one up a long time ago and never felt like posting it until just then. Weird!
2. Wow. Doesn't really seem to fit with the extreme situation, does it? lol
3. I like that.