Oh man, I love these things.
2. Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) by Green Day
6. My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion (I'm not quite sure if I've got the song name right, but I know it's that song from Titanic by Celine Dion)
8. If I Had A Million Dollars by Barenaked Ladies (I LOVE Barenaked Ladies)
25. Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley
11 is from Phantom of the Opera, right? I can't think of the title though. Did I need to get them all to win? Can I know your shoe size? I totally know some more of them, I just can't think of them at the moment.
The winner gets the answer to those. You did good! 4.5 (Assuming Jeff Buckley did Hallelujah.. I only knew about Rufus Wainwright... but I trust you. The .5 is for Phantom. It is from that show, but that is not the song. :)
"We like to party we like we like to party" - we like to party - venga boys
"So take the photographs and still prints in your mind" - good riddance (time of your life) - green day
"Near far wherever you are" - my heart will go on - celine dion
"He's our hero he's gonna bring pollution down to zero" - captain planet theme song
"And there he was this young boy a stranger to my eyes" - killing me softly - the fugees or roberta flack
AND I'M DONE!
Good job! I didn't know if anyone would get Captain Planet! 5/25. That puts you in the lead!! :)
aw man, you put me out of first!
9/30. No and the Cher and the Evanesence. Good work. ;) You're in second right now!
2. Good riddance (time of your life)-Greenday
3. Cecelia- Simon and Garfunkel (!!!!!!! I LOVE THEM!!!!!!)
4. Que sera, sera- I was thinking drunken french song, but doris day works too...:P
6. My will love go on -Celine Dion
8. If I had a million dollars -Barenaked ladies
9. We're off to see the Wizard- Dorothy, scarecrow, tin man and the lion
11. Uhhh that evanesence song?
13. Something older by Cher?
15. Elanor Rigby -The Beatles
20. Piano Man -Billy Joel
28. I hope you dance- Lee Ann Womak
30. Toil and Trouble -Harry Potter?
7. He's our hero he's gonna bring pollution down to zero
Captain Planet theme
9. Because because because because because because of the wonderful things he does
We're Off to see the wizard
30. Fire burn and cauldrom bubble
'Tis All I Know.
*wince* You said the Scottish play!!!!!!!
*watches curses manifest on livejournal*
But yes, that's where it's originally from, but it was used as a song in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
3/30 In fifth place, I believe. :)
2.) Time of Your Life - Green Day
4.) Baby Hold Onto Me - (?)
6.) My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion
7.) Theme Song - Captain Planet
9.) We're Off to See the Wizard - Wizard of Oz
14.) I KNOW THIS SONG WHY CAN'T I REMEMBER URRRGH
19.) I'll Make Love to You - Boyz II Men
20.) Piano Man - Billy Joel
24.) American Pie - Don McLean
28.) I Hope You Dance - Faith Hill(?)
29.) Bubble Bubble Toil & Trouble - (?)
2005-01-06 10:26 pm (UTC)
Re: Sorry, that's all I can remember...
9. ;) Kinda. 9/30
28 - Leeann Womack, but you got the title and the genre so you got it. :)
And it's double double toil and trouble, but I'll give it anyway. :)
Stand aside everyone. The Queen is here.
1. Well, the song is "We Like To Party" (duh)... but I dunno who sings it.
2. "Graduation '99", otherwise known as "Good Ridance" by Green Day
3. Bow down folks... it's "Cecilia" by Simon and Garfunkle. Ah...
4. Pure guess. It's "Whatever Will, Be Will Be", right!?
5. *singing* "We live on Avenue Q! We live on Avenue Q!" OKay, this song is also my motto in life (how sad is that) "Everyone's A Little Bit Racist" from "Avenue Q" WRITTEN by Robert Lopez and Jeff Marx (yup! That's from memory... I'm either impressive or sad).
6. This song haunts me. "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion. Ug.
7. OMG!!!!! THIS IS THE CAPTAIN PLANET THEME SONG!!!! I totally had this huge blue ring when I was younger, and my friends got different colors and we'd play Captain Planet on the playground! (Yeah, I'm sad.)
8. No! Fur coats aren't cruel! Green dresses are cruel! "If I Had A Million Dollars" by Barenaked Ladies
9. "We're Off To See The Wizard" (the wonderful Wizard of Oz!) WRITTEN by Harold Arlen! (okay, I'll admit I cheated a bit on this one... sorry Jesus... but the DVD box is sitting right next to me! I just HAD to look!)
10. I may have cheated a bit on this too since it was just played on my computer... "Killing Me Softly" by Aretha Franklin (amongst other people)
11. Hahaha! I am the master of all Broadway! Don't even try to stump me! "Phantom of the Opera"!!! A soundtrack (movie) that I've already got. Look at me go. Haven't even seen the film yet (though, I've seen it on stage a whopping three times!)
12. Huh. What do you know. I don't know it.
13. "Same old story, not much to say..." Jewel's "You Were Meant For Me"
14. I... Don't... Know...
15. I hold knowledge of all things Broadway and all things Beatles. "Elenor Rigby" by THE BEATLES!!!!!!
16. "Say a Little Prayer for You" by Aretha Franklin (two Aretha's?? Hehe, this is also from "My Best Friend's Wedding" sountrack).
18. This sounds dirty... so I should know it...
19. Ah, this first song I ever made out to: "I'll Make Love To You" by Boyz 2 Men (whatever happened to them?)... great song!
20. I listen to this song everyday as I walk to the subway: "Piano Man" by Billy Joel.
21. No clue... sadly.
22. Haha, this is sadly also playing... but I think the lyrics are wrong... I think they're proud, not strong. In any case, it's "Seize the Day" and according to the CD cover it's by the Newsies. :P
23. Hey! Me too!
24. "... with every paper I delivered"! OMG! This was my favorite song in 6th grade! I was obsessed with it! "American Pie" by Madonna (JUST KIDDING!) by Don Mclean
25. Hehe. Also on the CD I'm listening to (*wink*) "Hallelujah" by Rufus Wainwright (amongst other people)
26. Whoa! I spent a good 10 minutes on this one! And then I realized that it was missing a very important punctuation! It's "Stop In The Name Of Love"!!!!! by the Supremes (wow, I'll admit, that challenged me! I knew I knew it, it just wasn't coming!).
27. Good old Willie Wonka! "I've Got A (or The?) Golden Ticket"... I don't know who wrote it.
28. I always hated this song, but recently a friend gave me a CD with it on it for Christmas, and I've been listening to it a lot every since, and now I REALLY like it! "I Hope You Dance" by Leanne Womak.
29. "They shake their heads, they say I've changed". "Both Sides Now" by Joanie Mitchell (or Kendra Loebs and Ashley Coblentz!! Hehe, I first heard it when some friends performed it in high school). It too also happens to be on the CD I'm listening to (we must have the same taste in music!!!).
30. Watched it this morning: "Double Double Toil and Trouble" from the Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban Soundtrack.
Damn, I think I did pretty good!!! Did I win? Did I? Did I?
Holy f'ing shit.
4 is Que Sera Sera.
10 - I'm not sure if Aretha Franklin sang it, but you got the title right so you get it..
16 - " "
:) Not much left to do really. I'm uber impressed. You guys have all done sooo much better then me.
And obviously you are in first place...
Well.. no one has identified 14, 17. 18 and 21. Only four to go!!
Oooh oooh!! I went back to those 4 because I wanna be special and then realized that 14 is Crocodile Rock-Elton John...but isn't it SKIMMING stones? even though it doesn't make as much sense as skipping stones does...
Not planning to win, but these are too much fun not to play.
1. Venga boys-We like to party
2. Green Day-Time of your life
5. Everyone's a little bit racist-Ave. Q <3333!!
6. Celine Dion-My heart will go on
9. The wonderful Wizard of OZ
13. You were meant for me-Jewel
15. Elanor Rigby-Beatles
16. I say a little pray for you-Aretha Franklin
19. I'll make love to you-Boyz 2 Men
23. Twentysomething-Jamie Cullum...I LOVE him
24. American Pie-Don McLean
30. I'm no Harry potter fan...so it just makes me think of the witches from Macbeth. But no credit for this one.
12/30. I'm giving you Double Trouble because it's from that Scottish Play originally. I wish people wouldn't write the name of it on my journal though. *flinch* I'm a little anal about it...
Isn't Jamie a doll?
how about if i said i anwser them 100% wrong and ya feel pitty for me? =P
Have to say I was so happy to see Joni Mitchell in there. I am developing a Joni obsession. <3
1. is that song about a venga bus?? haha uhh i dont know what its called
2. green day
5. avenue q
6. celine dion
9. the wizard of oz
10. is that song thats like strumming my pain with his fingersss i dont know who its by or what its called but yeah
20. billy joel
23. JAMIE CULLUM<33
25. jeff buckley; that song is amazing
30. HARRY POTTER<33333333333333333333333333
and thats about it for me
You did good, except in some cases you only gave the artist and not the song title. Do you want to remedy that before I count up the points? Because if you only gave artist it's only a half point :)
4. Que Sera Sera by Doris Day
6. My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion (Titanic, baby!)
8. If I Had A Million Dollars by Barenaked Ladies
9. Wonderful Wizard of Oz by Judy Garland & Co.
10. Killing Me Softly recorded most recently by the Fugees
11. Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again from Phantom of the Opera (just saw this!)
15. Eleanor Rigby by the Beatles
16. If that first word is "While" and not "Why" this is Say a Little Prayer For You recorded by many (my favorite version is by Dionne Warwick)
20. Piano Man by Billy Joel
24. American Pie by Don MacLean
I don't think I recognized anything that's come out in this decade.
God, I feel old.
10/30 Way to go!
Yeah I typed it wrong while I was thinking of the next lyrics. In short, I'm worthless.
1) "We Like To Party"
2) "Good Ridance" - Green Day
3) "Cecilia" - Simon and Garfunkle
4) "Que Cera Cera" - Doris Day
5) "Everyone's A Little Bit Racist" - Avenue Q
6) "My Heart Will Go On" - Celine Dion ewww
7) Captain Planet theme song
8) "If I Had A Million Dollars" - Barenaked Ladies
9) "We're Off To See The Wizard" - Wizard of Oz
10) "Killing Me Softly" - Fugees
11) "Wishing you were somehow here again" - Phantom of the Opera
12) "Fever" - Michael Buble
13) "You Were Meant For Me" - Jewel
14) "Crocodile Rock" - Elton John
15) "Elenor Rigby" - THE BEATLES!!!!!!
16) "Say a Little Prayer for You" - Dionne Warwick
17) "Baby one more time" - Britney Spears
18) "I See God In You Lyrics" - India Arie
19)"I'll Make Love To You" - Boyz 2 Men
20) "Piano Man" - Billy Joel
21) "Did I Shave My Legs For This" - Carter Deana
22) "Seize the Day" - Newsies
23) "Twenty-something" - Jamie Cullum
24) "American Pie" - Don Mclean
25) "Hallelujah" by Rufus Wainwright
26) "Stop In The Name Of Love" - Supremes
27) "I've Got A Golden Ticket" - Willy Wonka
28) "I Hope You Dance" - Leanne Womak.
29) "Both Sides Now" by Joanie Mitchell
30) "The Recipe" - David Solomon
How did I do? I may have some with different artists, and I might have gotten a different song with the same lyrics on one. Double check me though, please, I want to know if I am right.
Wow... Did you cheat?
The only reason I'm asking is because instead of Deana Carter you posted it as Carter Deana and that seemed a little strange.. otherwise with the exception of a couple artists, you got 29/30, which makes you the winner, as long as you didn't make Jesus cry and you did these all on your own without hte aid of friends or google.