I'm so sorry about your cat. *hug* I know how hard it can be. *HUG*
With 10 mil, I'd buy a house, and pay for it to be converted to fully-accessible. Fly everywhere first class. And then settle down to become a professional philanthropist. It would be awesome. We'd be eccentric!
Oh, and finally buy my imaginary Pirate Ship.
Edited at 2009-05-08 04:21 pm (UTC)
*hugs* Thanks sweetie.
And that's an awesome plan. I love it.
These are awesome darlin'. :)
And one of these days I think I'll get another kitty, but I just can't right now. Miss my old guy too much. His sister has been putting on weight like crazy. She misses him too.
Thanks for the baby laugh. :)
1. I'd finish college and pay off my student loans.
2. I'd buy really awesome things for the kids, maybe even set up trusts or something for them.
3. Buy a house, nothing too grand, something big enough for me a the kids, with maybe a little extra growing room.
4. a new car. Perferably a hybrid or electric
5. I'd definitely travel around the world.
Awesome. A lot of ours are similar. =)
I'm so sorry about your cat. Putting mine down was one of the hardest things I've done. /hugs
All I want in the whole world is a house and the financial security to start a family. So uh...a house and a baby? =P
Thanks honey. It was really hard.
And I feel ya. *hugs* I want a house of my own so bad.
Oh sweetheart, I'm so sorry about your kitty. He's thankfully not in pain anymore, but I know that pets are family and it's never ever easy to let them go.
I've been posting this link all over the place:http://www.shatters.net/celestia/
Our universe is fascinating. (And terrifying in a ... huge and terrifying way)!
Little kid giggles are the best, seriously. <3
Thanks so much sweetie. *hugs*
And that's an awesome link! Love it!
And I agree. :)
im soooo sorry to hear about your kittie!!! *HUGZ* ill be sending positive energies your way!!!
i dont know what ill do when my Zero goes. :(
These are all awesome. :) *hugs*
1) a new car, probably something Japanese, low maintenance and fuel efficient with great insurance that'll protect me against everything from small bumps to being crushed by dinosaurs
2) a HOUSE, something quaint and older looking but safe in a nice neighborhood with superior security system and insurance
3) (hire) a lawyer cos I would want to donate a lot of my money
4) a new computer with all the graphic and sound bells & whistles!!!! with a digital camera and software to boot
5) a new story on my parent's house like they've been wanting for a while
Sorry for the loss of your kitty, I had a guy maiming my kittens in the neighborhood, jerks and monsters they are
These are all very cool plans. :)
And thanks hon. *hugs*
And that's terrible. I really think there's a special place in hell for those who torture animals.
I had to put my fiance's cat down (he couldn't do it). He was the best cat ever, the only cat who ever loved me, so to speak. He'd great me with a roar-purr every morning, and every time I came home from somewhere. What a lovely creature.
I would buy a piece of land somewhere, reasonably far away from civilised society. Hopefully with an awesome old house on it. If not, I'd buy the materials to build one.
I'd buy all the books on my wish list.
I'd buy lots of film for my polaroid camera.
I'd buy myself a year, sailing the world with my man.
And I'd buy myself the services of a professional genealogist to trace my ancestry all the way back then.
*hugs* It's hard to see them go.
And these are all really cool plans. :)
i would buy some land in the middle of almost nowhere and design and build my own house. it would be fun! customize everything. not too big though, big houses are echoey.
i don't think i would want to change much. i wouldn't go out and buy a bunch of jewelry or cars or shoes.
i would put a lot of it away for retirement and then i would settle down in my custom house with my family and live my life as normally as possible. of course we would go around the world though. that would be amazing to see all major cities of the world and never really have to worry about being poor.
It would be amazing. Extremely amazing.
I'm sorry about your kitty. :(
Let's see...if I had 10 million dollars, I'd:
1. Buy lots and lots of paint and a whole lot of brushes.
Loads of house paint (to paint, obviously XD), and loads of acrylic (to aid me in my artsy-fartsy crafts). And lots of lots of brushes, from a teensy-tiny brush to a brush as big as my arm.
2. Buy a really big tablet PC.
So I can actually draw ON it!
3. Buy enough plane tickets for my host family to all come to the US.
'Cause the only place they've been is Hawaii, and I'm several thousand miles away from that. XD
4. Agree with you, Lasik. 'Cause seriously, at this rate I'm gonna be blind by the time I'm 35.
5. Buy my gram's house (and use all that paint to update it), and move in with my boyfriend. XD
And that's still under one million, let alone 10. xD
Thanks honey. *hugs*
And these are awesome, Wish I had the money to help you make some of these a reality.
Hugs for your kitty.
I'd buy a cute flat in Manhattan, open an antique shop and collect art.
Thanks sweetie. *hugs*
If I had ten million I'd come and buy stuff from your antique store. ;)
*hugs* Thank you so much.
2009-05-08 09:18 pm (UTC)
Here's one thing I would spend money on
I would have a party and hire these guys to come play.http://www.themollyringwalds.com/
We saw them at a bar a couple of weeks ago and they were absolutely amazing!! We're going back again at the end of the month. Any band that can get me to sit in a smoky club has got to be good! ;))
I'm sorry about your kitty.
2009-07-07 05:48 pm (UTC)
Re: Here's one thing I would spend money on
That's awesome. :)
And thanks sweetheart. *hugs*
Two thumbs up for the Barenaked Ladies reference!
Crappy day in need of cheering: Yup, that pretty much sums up our day too. We found out this morning it's either replace our transmission or buy a new car and we're too poor to do either. ~sigh
I'm so very sorry about your kitty. It puts you in a strange head space when you have to do something like that. I went through the same thing with my dog. I'm a so proud of you for being proactive about keeping upbeat. You will pull through this shiningly. :)
As for what I would do with TEN MILLION DOLLARS! (gotta picture a game show host voice when I do that.)
1) A couple of medium sized houses, somewhere, with a modern green flair to them. I'm thinking London and San Diego. I want both because I need cold and hot and it will give me the excuse to get my butt on a plane and travel more. My boyfriend would love that, lols.
2) A full design suite including a) A MacBook Pro: ridiculously loaded with everything and designer could ever dream of wanting. b) A bad ass large format Epson printer [so sweet!] and c) The loft studio or hardwood flat it needs to go in preferably somewhere deep in the bowels of Seattle :)
3) A trip to the Rainforest in Brazil. I want to see them before they're gone (cries). Maybe I'd side-wind up to Machu Pichu.
4) A house somewhere for my parents to retire in, fully paid for and with transportation too. I want them to finally stop worry about money and actually start living again. Maybe it will be in the Philippines where my mom always wanted to go back to.
5) A home somewhere for my Tatay and family that is a) preferably fire proof and militia proof (don't ask) and the re-hab to get his butt off the alcohol. If only money could fix the emotional problems that start all of his rampages. I just wish he was happier...
With the rest I'd save some and also donate some to Cancer Research, Green Research and Conservational efforts. I want my children to have a rainforest. And that's everything I think... whew! :)
*hugs* I'm sorry sweetie. I hope things are going better now.
And thanks sweetie. Doing okay. Still miss him tons, he was the best kitty. I'm sorry about your doggy.
And those are all awesome plans. I hope you win the lottery. :)
2009-05-08 11:21 pm (UTC)
I would buy you a green dress ...
So sorry about your kitty. We had to have a kitty put to sleep a number of years ago and it still makes me sad. He was my "soulmate" cat.
Hugs to you and your little one. xoxo
2009-07-07 05:52 pm (UTC)
Re: I would buy you a green dress ...
*HUGS* Thanks sweetie.
1. I would use the money to go to art school abroad
2. Give my boy toy enough money to start building his dream art studio (underground loft)
3. Give my parents money to go live somewhere nice and hot (they put up with enough of me, they deserve it!)
4. Travel as much and as often as I can
5. Give my sister and her fiance enough money for the wedding of her and his dreams and honey moon.
Im so sorry to hear about your cat. A few years ago I had to put my sick dog down and to this day that was the hardest thing i ever had to do.
Those are all such cool plans. :)
And thanks sweetie. *hugs* I'm so sorry about your doggie.
Aww, I'm sorry about your cat. I can sympathize. We have had to do it a few times now and I keep thinking it is going to get easier and I feel like it's actually getting harder. I have a very old cat who is probably nearing that time. I don't know how I'm going to take that but I have been trying to prepare myself.
*hugs* Thanks honey. Stay strong. It's so hard. :.(
He was a really good kitty. Would always come and cuddle and purr. I sure miss him.
And those are so cool! I looove the National Geographic idea!
sorry about your cat.
If I won $10mill here I'd still have $10mill, lottery winnings in and off themselves are not taxed in Australia.
And there a $20mill draw next week for us, i have found the house I want to buy, when I win.http://www.ljhooker.com.au/MJ8FCT
I am so buying this house, it has so much potential and I love the rooms.
*hugs* Thanks hon.
And seriously, they're not taxed? That's amazing!
And awesome! Did ya win? :)
I meant to, and it totally slipped my mind.
First off, I am so sorry about the cat. I put my Sam down 5 years ago, and it still hurts sometimes.
As for 10 Million Dollars...
1)Pay off this house and then find a single mother in need and give it to her, free and clear. I would even pay the bills for a year so that she could get back on her feet. I have no idea where this idea came from, but it has been in my head for awhile.
2)Buy an old shotgun house in New Orleans and fix it up to move into. I want to live in NOLA so bad I can taste it and someday it will happen! I would make sure it was solar and green, and all things good.
3)Buy my mom a yellow VW Bug (old school) that she could name Bumblebee. She wants one and I want her to have one. Bumblebee is her favorite Transformer, and she wishes he was still a Bug.
4)Donate craploads of money to New Orleans Habitat for Humanity (time too, but this was about the money), and other charities in the area.
5)I would prolly buy a car, but I can't decide what kind. Right now I want a Jeep, but that is because we are moving to a rural area with a dirt road. In the end, for city living I would get a hybrid of some sort.
*Hugs* Thanks sweetie. I'm sorry about Sam.
And those are some amazing plans, my dear.